Milk Thistle - for Healthy Liver Function in Dogs
Milk Thistle - for Healthy Liver Function in Dogs
Why Subscribe & Save?
Save 10% on all Subscribe & Save orders.
Lowest price guarantee - better than Amazon.
No fees, no commitments - cancel Subscribe & Save anytime.
Essential detoxification support for dogs with liver dysfunction, pancreatitis, taking medications
Supports healthy liver function including:
- Elimination of toxins (food, environment, medications)
- Helps repair damaged hepatocytes (liver cells)
- Supports production of healthy, new liver cells
- Protects against free-radical damage
Order Milk Thistle today to support your dog’s long-term liver health!
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- 2 oz (59 ml) is a 1-month supply for most dogs (up to 50 lbs)
- 4 oz (118 ml) is a 1-month supply for most large dogs
Calculate Dose - How long will this last my pet?
?What should you expect with our products?
What is Milk Thistle?
Milk Thistle seed is well-known for helping to support healthy liver function in dogs, cats, and humans alike, and is gentle enough for long-term use.
Its active compounds are a group of flavonoids called silymarins which:
- Help repair damaged hepatocytes (liver cells)
- Help guard against toxins binding in the liver
- Support production of healthy, new liver cells
- Provide antioxidant protection of liver cells against free-radical damage
Milk Thistle also provides beneficial support when your canine is being treated with medications including:
- Anti-inflammatories: corticosteroids, NSAIDS
- Chemotherapy agents
- Conventional heartworm medication
- Seizure medication
- Bile acids
What is Liver Disease?
There are many different types of liver disease and it can be a life-threatening condition. It should be diagnosed by a veterinarian as it can cause much damage if it is not caught early enough or is not well-managed.
Common Symptoms of Liver Disease
Liver disease symptoms vary depending on the cause and type of liver disease. Some of the common symptoms may include:
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin
- Bad breath
- Increased water intake
- Increased urination
A note from our veterinarian...
A healthy liver is important because it detoxifies chemicals our dogs may be exposed to including toxins in processed foods or foods they scavenge, pesticides, and prescription drugs.
The liver performs dozens of different functions in the body including clearing out toxins. Yet liver disease (including cirrhosis) is one of the most common health problems in older canines. It can damage all functions of the dog’s liver, with very harmful health effects.
Even canines without liver disease may need support to metabolize and excrete prescription medications, which are often damaging to the liver. Milk Thistle is an excellent way to support the liver in dealing with the toxic load of medications.
Milk Thistle should be administered to every dog taking liver-taxing medications and especially if the liver is damaged or diseased. Milk Thistle is not contraindicated with conventional medications and is gentle enough for long-term use.
Healthy Nutrition Tip:
Processed foods stress your dog’s liver as it attempts to detoxify the preservatives and other additives like artificial flavors and colors. Go natural! Avoid grains and focus on healthy proteins from free-range, grass-fed animals. Green foods will help detoxify your canine's liver, such as those in Pet Wellbeing's SPARK. Expect your dog’s moods to be lifted as well! SPARK is a veterinarian-formulated, daily nutritional supplement for dogs of all ages.
NOTE: Never use alcohol-based supplements with your dog. Pet Wellbeing Milk Thistle is glycerin-based and safe for dogs.
Why Choose Pet Wellbeing Milk Thistle for Your Canine Friend?
- Certified Organic Herb: Prepared entirely from organically grown Milk Thistle.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full-Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herb is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Milk Thistle is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: Pet Wellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Who Makes Pet Wellbeing Milk Thistle?
This product is made by Pet Wellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy, you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs integrated with the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Administer Milk Thistle once daily:
- Under 30 lb: Give one drop per 1 lb (0.5 kg) of body weight
- 30 - 34 lb: 1.5 ml
- 35 - 44 lb: 2.0 ml
- 45 - 64 lb: 2.5 ml
- 65 - 79 lb: 3.0 ml
- 80 - 99 lb: 3.5 ml
- 100 - 119 lb: 4.0 ml
- 120+ lb: 4.5 ml
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
BEST way to give drops: Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed. Milk Thistle is enhanced with delicious, natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animal's intended for breeding has not been proven.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product
- Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Milk Thistle is Formulated With:
- Certified Organic Milk Thistle seed (Silybum marianum)
... 333 mg per ml
Inactive Ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin.