What is Pet Melatonin for Cats?
Melatonin is a naturally-occurring hormone produced in the pineal gland of cats (and other animals), and plays a large role in regulating sleep patterns. It also has a role in the regulation of cortisol production, a hormone secreted in response to stress.
Pet Melatonin is different from melatonin used for human consumption. It is a unique liquid form that makes it ideal to administer to cats in the correct amounts, unlike capsules or tablets. It is synthetically derived and not made from the pineal glands of pigs. A synthetic melatonin ensures safety from viruses or other microbes that can be present in animal tissue.
Pet Melatonin is also not a quick-release or a slow acting form of melatonin. A simple form of melatonin is the ideal way to administer this supplement to a cat, and not quick or slow release. Pet Melatonin is enhanced with natural bacon flavor so it is something your cat will enjoy.
(It is not recommended to give your pet a melatonin supplement made for human consumption, as some of these contain ingredients, such as xylitol, that are toxic to pets.)
What is Pet Melatonin Used For?
Pet Melatonin is a supplement made just for pets. If your cat’s sleep patterns have been disrupted, Pet Melatonin can help to normalize sleep rhythms each time it is given. If your cat is agitated, anxious or restless, Pet Melatonin will help with a restful night’s sleep.
Many cats with hyperthyroidism (high thyroid hormones) tend to exhibit signs of restlessness and have trouble sleeping. Pet Melatonin is ideal for these cats, and is often given with Pet Wellbeing’s Thyroid Support Gold.
Consider giving your cat Pet Melatonin for the following reasons:
- Sleep-wake pattern disruption
- Anxious behavior
- Trauma (fear, anxiety)
- Anxiety from separation
- Cognitive disorder causing confusion/trouble sleeping
A note from our veterinarian...
A primary recommendation for cats who are taking Thyroid Support Gold, is to also administer Pet Melatonin. Some cats will initially experience an increase in relaxation (decreased activity), possible drowsiness and more sleep. This usually stabilizes within about two weeks.
Pet Melatonin can be administered to your cat at a desired bedtime. Usually at night, to a maximum of twice daily.
If your cat is experiencing anxiety and restlessness, you can also use Pet Wellbeing’s Calming Care as a daily supplement.
Make sure your cat receives a diet high in nutrients. A supplement like SPARK Daily Nutritional Supplement contains nutrients and superfoods from whole food sources, along with probiotics and enzymes for overall good health, immunity and energy.
Does it Come With a Guarantee?
Yes! Pet Melatonin for Cats comes with a 90 day money-back guarantee.
Why Choose Pet Melatonin for Your Feline Friend?
- Pure, Synthetic Melatonin: No animal tissue is used to create Pet Melatonin, assuring no contamination from animal sources.
- It's a Liquid: Easy to administer the correct amount using the calibrated dropper.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Pet Melatonin is tested to ensure the highest quality and purity. Every single batch.
- Certified GMP Facility: Nationally recognized quality control procedures are meticulously monitored. Consumers can be assured that the highest standards of manufacturing are strictly adhered to.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: Pet Wellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money-back guarantee.
- Manufactured in the United States
Who Makes Pet Melatonin for Cats?
Pet Melatonin for Cats is made by Pet Wellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you are happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product and information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, mitigate or prevent any disease or condition.
How to Administer Pet Melatonin
BEST way to give drops! Add to food. Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed.
Administer 30 minutes before pet's ideal bedtime to support sleep patterns.
The label directions indicate the amount to administer each time. To help moods or anxious situations administer at appropriate time, as needed. Do not exceed daily administration amounts given. Shake well.
Does not require refrigeration.
Use With Caution:
- For animal use only. Not to be used during pregnancy or lactation.
- Do not administer more than twice daily.
- Do not administer to pets under one year of age.
- In case of accidental overdose, contact your health professional immediately.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
Pet Melatonin is Formulated With:
Pet Melatonin is synthetically derived. No animal gland tissue, just pure melatonin. There are also no agents used to increase or decrease absorption rate.
Meet Dr. Janice Huntingford
Janice Huntingford, DVM, has been in veterinary practice for 28 years and has founded two veterinary clinics since receiving her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph. She has studied extensively in both conventional and holistic modalities.